- Businesses are allocating 32% of their total marketing budget, on average, to content marketing in 2016 (versus 25% last year), yet only 38% of these businesses say they are effective at it.
- As social media becomes a pay-to-play arena and more costly content (e.g. video) starts taking center stage, social media and content marketing will inevitably become exponentially less viable options for most businesses.
- A lot of people are talking about the need for businesses to act and operate like actual media companies – but no one is showing them how to do it.
Enter "The Business of Media," a smarter, scalable, more systematic, more effective and less expensive method of digital marketing, which will help you achieve:
Optimize traditional marketing objectives, such as more exposure, higher sales, new customers and increased lifetime customer value.
Diversity your digital marketing with a suite of content experiences that engages your target customers at deeper levels, more often.
Minimize your long-term costs of execution by creating additional revenue streams based on the business model of successful media companies.
After completing the course, you will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of how successful media companies monetize and profit from their content
- High-level understanding of how to scale the production and distribution of original content experiences, while developing a highly engaged, relevant, ever-growing audience
- The know-how to monetize and even profit from your content, while achieving key business objectives at the same time
Josh Hoffman is an international digital marketing consultant and strategist, specializing in social media and content marketing. His clients include worldwide brands, government agencies, publicly traded companies, national chains, and global tourist attractions across North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
PreviewMedia Planning & Strategy
PreviewBuilding the Foundation: Identity Feeds
StartDeveloping an Editorial Blueprint
StartTypes of Content Experiences
StartMore Than Just Content: In-Person Experiences
StartDetermining Your Suite of Experiences
PreviewHubs, Not Spokes
StartH2H Marketing & Lifestyle Content